Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time Out

I didn’t choose this respite, it sort of chose me.


Things have been needing done at our house (where we hardly ever are anymore) so we lined up service calls for today, three of them, exterminator to get the squirrels out of the attic, guys to move the dock (lake is up!), and a plumber to fix a leak. I made sure Mary was okay in her trailer at the farm and being checked on during the day. Knowing that I was going to be trapped (oh please don’t throw me in the briar patch!) at my quiet house all day, I gathered things to have with me. My laptop, (a given), the book I am trying to find time to read, Alzheimer’s From the Inside Out by Richard Taylor, a large bag of Cheetoes (which is a food group of its own I think and if not should be), coffee, water and my Bible.


I made myself comfortable in my favorite schmuchy chair, then I read, read, read, wrote, read, wrote, munched and wrote some more. Periodically I opened the door to a service person and then quickly returned like being sucked by a vacuum to my well-stocked command post.


It occurred to me how strange life is. Imagine thinking being stuck at home all day is equivalent to being on vacation.


I’ll take what I can get, when I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment